A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
A short runner game, showcasing some interesting concepts which can be performed in Processing, such as fake infinite scrolling of patterns, collision detection, game-play elements such as score keeping and levels, and such.
Processing is a flexible software sketchbook and a language for learning how to code within the context of the visual arts. Since 2001, Processing has promoted software literacy within the visual arts and visual literacy within technology. There are tens of thousands of students, artists, designers, researchers, and hobbyists who use Processing for learning and prototyping.
You can check it out here: https://processing.org/
CONTROLS: A to move LEFT, D to move RIGHT, G to JUMP, R to RESET.
NEW IN VERSION v0.3:
- Added Linux support! (With or without ARM, 64 and 32bit versions available)
- Added a download link for the source code. (So you can all bully me easier.)
- Added the ability to move left and right on the game screen, allowing for finer control over jumps.
- Added two more levels (Can you reach level 10?)
- Added stars to the sky. Very aesthetic.
- Enhanced the game over screen and added a line that tells you what level you reached before getting hit.
- Improved and optimized input and score-keeping code.
- Other minor improvements.
NEW IN VERSION v0.2:
- Reset function fully implemented! You can now reset the game at any time by pressing the 'R' key.
- Added a prompt on the Game Over screen that reminds you what key to press to restart the game. You know. In case you didn't bother reading these patch notes.
- Integrated Java into the executable, so there is no longer a need to have the latest version of Java on your machine in order to play.
- Stability improvements and bug-fixes.
Enjoy, leave some feedback if you would like!
Simply unpack the .zip, choose the build most suitable for your platform and play!